Next December 13th, takes into effect the Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011 concerning consumer information on foodstuffs.
Dibal equipment meet the Regulation about provision of food information to consumers
This Regulation merges together Directives 2000/13/EC on the labelling of foodstuffs and 90/496/EEC on nutritional labelling in order to improve the level of consumer information and protection in Europe.
Where foodstuffs are prepacked, the required information must appear on the prepackaging or on the label attached to it.
Where foodstuffs are not prepacked, the food information must be sent to the operator receiving the foodstuffs so that the latter is in a position to provide the information to the end consumer, if necessary.
The mandatory particulars must be easy to understand and visible, clearly legible and, where appropriate, indelible. The height of «x» the characters must be at least 1.2mm (except for small-sized packaging or containers).
The mandatory particulars concern:
- The name
- The list of ingredients.The substances causing allergies or intolerances (nuts, milk, mustard, fish, grains containing gluten, etc.).
- The quantity of certain ingredients or categories of ingredients.
- The net quantity of the food.
- The date of minimum durability or the ‘use by’ date.
- Any special storage conditions and/or conditions of use.
- The name or business name and address of the food business operator or importer.
- The country of origin or place of provenance for certain types of meat, milk or where failure to indicate this might mislead the consumer.
- Instructions for use where it would be difficult to make appropriate use of the food in the absence of such instructions.
- For beverages containing more than 1.2 % by volume of alcohol, the actual alcoholic strength by volume.
- A nutritional declaration.
Date of application
This Regulation shall apply from 13 December 2014, with the exception of the provisions concerning the obligation to provide a nutritional declaration, which shall apply from 13 December 2016.
Application of the Regulation with DIBAL equipment
All the Dibal retail scales with printer and all the weighing and labelling systems for industry are prepared to meet the Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011 concerning consumer information on foodstuffs. For further information consult our Export Sales Department calling us on (+34) 94 452 15 10.