Equipment Metrological Verification
as to EU weighing directives
If a weighing instrument is to be used to carry out commercial transactions or any of the other areas of operation described in Article 1, Paragraph 2 of EU Directive 2014/31 on “non/automatic weighing instruments”, metrological verification is required.
- In the case of non automatic equipment, as Dibal is unaware of the area of application of each specific device, the client must expressly indicate if metrological verification is required when placing the order.
- The metrological verification of these devices is optional.
EU Directive 2014/31 CHAPTER I - Article 1 - paragraph 2:
- determination of mass for commercial transactions;
- determination of mass for the calculation of a toll, tariff, tax, bonus, penalty, remuneration, indemnity or similar type of payment;
- determination of mass for the application of laws or regulations or for an expert opinion given in court proceedings;
- determination of mass in the practice of medicine for weighing patients for the purposes of monitoring, diagnosis and medical treatment;
- determination of mass for making up medicines on prescription in a pharmacy and determination of mass in analyses carried out in medical and pharmaceutical laboratories;
- determination of price on the basis of mass for the purposes of direct sales to the public and the making-up of prepackages;
- all applications other than those listed in points (a) to (f).
This may apply to the following Dibal non-automatic equipment:
- Platform + indicator assemblies.
- Bench scales.
- Platform + manual labeller assemblies.
Note: Consult available models.